Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Fun Foods in Canada–Cerises de Terre

The first time I had this exotic fruit was at Montreal. It came with my omelet. It tastes like passion fruit and tomato. I love it! Kai told me they were sold in most grocery stores or supermarkets. He suggested me to have a basket when we stayed in Canada.



I found this fruit again when I was at Montreal looking for Remy's milk. They came inside a basket and covered with a plastic wrap on the top. It cost $ 1.99 per basket.


This exotic fruit is called "Cerises de Terre." It means, Cherry of the ground.


I love the shells or leaves came with the fruits.


Each of the cerise has two shells cover the orange fruit. It seems has some kind of oil coated outside of the orange fruit. My fingers felt oil after I opened the shells and touched the fruit.


I took most of the photos when I stayed in the Montreal Winstin.




With white textures background. They were taken with bed sheet.






I prepared them on the plat for Remy to have in the breakfast!


This is how they look inside. They Looked like tomatoes insdie.








They are juicy with Passion fruit fragrance!

f