Monday, March 1, 2010

Porcelain-Spring Tea Party

I was looking for something in the pantry. I saw several pieces of this Japanese porcelain collection. I started took all pieces out and put them on the counter. Here are all of them.
Over the past 8 years, from different antique markets in northern CA and Paris, I got them piece by piece. I love this red spring collections. According to some antique merchants, they were made around 1910.


They are all hand painted.


Each piece is different. There are geishas doing different activities in different parts of the garden.


I got this piece at Berkeley Antique fair.


These were from Antique stores in Montmatre, Paris.


I love the spring scene on this dish. There are lots of pink cherry blossoms.


Ira got me this tea pot at one of the antique stores on the way back from Yosemite.


Very unique paint job on porcelain which can not be found on new products.


I think I should invite some friends and have a spring tea party.